Carpet Cleaning – Do’s and Don’ts | How to clean carpet with Carpet Cleaner safely?
Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning: Often we ignore cleaning and maintaining the carpet. When you look at your carpet, at first sight, it seems perfect but when you look closer to the carpet then you can realize that there are many things wrong with it. When you look closer you can see the carpet don’t look fresh, fiber is coming out or there are some stains on it. We neglect the things below our feet which need maximum attention.
Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning
The below article is about carpet cleaning guide, the simple tricks of cleaning the carpet so that they seem to look fresh, clean and new always. Therefore check some Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning on this page.
Carpet Cleaning Guide
Cleaning the carpet is easier than thinking. All it takes the right vacuum to remove any loose particles or dirt that just present on the top of the carpet, cleaning products, and little things to know how to clean. Below are some of the tips to remove the common stains right away.
- Always remove the stains or treat the affected area without any delay. The longer the time then the spill sit there where it becomes very harder to remove the stains.
- If there is any food spill try to gently remove the solid material as much as you can with some dull knife or with a spoon. Add water on stain remove using detergent sparingly if necessary. Then with highest suction function, vacuum it back and forth by adding some more water until the stain is completely removed.
- If stains remain the same even after cleaning then moisten the stain place with 3% of hydrogen peroxide and make stand it for an hour. Repeat this until the stain is cleaned completely.
Typically you need to clean the carper professionally at least for every 12 to 16 months. Not only to keep your carpet clean and look best but also it increases the life span of the carpet. In order to maintain the warranty, frequently you need to clean the carpet. The average time taken to clean the carpet is about 20 min per room. Now along with Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning let’s see How to keep your carpets neat and new.
How long a carpet does take time to dry?
The time taken to dry a carpet may vary from 2 to 12 hours depending on the factors like humidity and airflow. Most of the carpets will take 6 to 12 hrs to dry. There are some things to keep in mind while drying the carpet.
- Walk on the carpet only when it dries completely, but wear shoe coverings or clean socks.
- Even though there are no dangerous solvents left in the cleaning process, it is still the best thing to keep the pets and kids away from the carpet until it gets completely dry.
- You can decrease the drying time by turning on the ceiling fan and opening the windows in order to increase the air flow and by turning the carpet position back and front still you can reduce the time to dry.
- Carpet dries fast and best in 60-70 degree temperature.
How to clean carpet – Do’s and Don’ts
In order to keep the carpet clean and spotless regular maintenance is mandatory. Follow the below Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning to extend the life span of carpet at your home.
Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning:
Do’s of Carpet Cleaner
Do vacuum often: One of the most important things to maintain the carpet clean and look fresh is routinely vacuuming. Vacuuming will help to swallow the dust, dirt, and any food materials making your carpet look clean. It also fluffs up all the individual strands of the carpet which may be crushed over a long time due to the weight of furniture or traffic. Try to get a high-quality vacuum which has great suction power.
Do rotate furniture: furniture’s are heavy so after a long period of time they can sag into the carpet causing worn patches and indents. Every month shift the furniture few inches and then vacuum on the furniture marks to revivify. Again after a few months, you can shift them to their original position. The slight difference in moving furniture is not noticeable but everyone will definitely notice the clean and nice carpet.
Do create some new paths: over the period of time, you will notice the furniture layout will lead to some high traffic paths. These high traffic areas will cause your carpet color to fade and even the carpet wears out over the time. If possible always reorganize the furniture just to create some new paths and give bit rest to certain areas of the carpet.
More on Do’s of Carpet Cleaner
Do invest in mats: the outdoor dust and muck is the biggest problem of clean problem. So help the carpet to be clean by keeping mats at every entrance including at the back door also so that people can be able to wipe off their shoes and leave the dust and dirt far away from the carpet.
Do trust professionals: If the problem is very big and you cannot handle. You can contact professional carpet cleaners to remove the stains and can restore the carpet to its original look. Professionals do their best in cleaning and removing the long last stains also.
Don’ts of a Carpet Cleaner
Don’t let the stains sit: Don’t let the stains to be remaining for a longer period so that we cannot remove it that easily. Very quickly clean the spot with some DIY treatment like club soda. Pour a little amount of club soda on the spot and blot it try and remove it with a fresh towel.
Don’t wear shoes: shoes come in worse and dirt from outside and when you walk with a shoe on the carpet then the carpet looks messy and unsanitary. It is better to leave the shoe at the door. If you want to wear the shoes inside then invest a new pair of shoes or new slippers which are used for the indoor purpose only.
How to keep carpets neat and new?
If you feel your carpet is not clean or has a musty odor this is because it lost its freshness due to over usage. Here are things how to keep carpets neat and new. After knowing Do’s and Don’ts of Carpet Cleaning, check these points also.
- Mix 3/4th cup of baking soda with a 1/4th cup of perfumed talcum powder
- Add corn starch of two tablespoons to this
- Now sprinkle this mixture on the dry carpet and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Then vacuum and now see the difference.
Here are some tips for the carpet to look fresh:
- Vacuum the carpet on regular basis to remove soil which is embedded itself in the pile.
- Depending on the type of the carpet you are using, you have to use a vacuum with a beater bar, rotating brush or suction only.
- Contact professional cleaning for every 12 2 18 months which increases the life of the carpet.
- Use scissors to cut the snags and sprouts; don’t try to pull them which may damage your carpet.
- If the carpet is burned, just simply remove the burnt fibers and tops of the dark with the help of curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is more then you need to patch at the place where it is burned or need to replace it.
- Remove the heavy furniture marks on the carpet by stroking the area with the edges of a coin. You can also use a steam iron or hair dryer but be very cautious that the carpet is not touched with the iron.
- If your carpet is so wet with extensive water that you cannot dry then contact professional cleaners to dry the carpet from back and front.
For more updates, visit our best carpet cleaner machine portal frequently.